CONSTRUCTION VOLUNTEERS – More hands always needed, as we build year round. Volunteer build days are Tue, Thur and Sat, 8-12, in locations of New Smyrna and Edgewater.New volunteers always welcome to join us on day of your choice. All materials and equipment provided. No experience necessary. Call the hotline before setting out in the morning to find out the address: 386-428-5010, extension 5. For more information on volunteering at the build, contact: 386-878-4591 extension 103.
Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity program. Applicants are selected based on their need for housing, willingness to partner with us, and their ability to pay the mortgage. Individuals from all races, sexes, and creeds are encouraged to apply.
We want to make sure our homeowners are prepared for the responsibilities of homeownership, from paying a mortgage to maintaining their house. Our homeownership requirements, listed below, help to ensure this.
Applicant will have lived or worked in our service area of New Smyrna Beach, Edgewater or Oak Hill for at least a year.
• Current living situation is overcrowded, inadequate or transitional
• Cost burdened – rent payment exceeds 35% of household gross income
• Is unable to qualify for homeownership through other conventional means
Household annual income falls within our current Guidelines below
Family Size – Household Income Limits
1 – $21,084 – 36,897
2 – $24,096 – 42,168
3 – $27,108 – 47,439
4 – $30,120 – 52,710
5 – $32,529.60 – 56,927
6 – $34,939.20 – 61,144
7 – $37,348.80 – 65,360
8 – $39,758.40 – 69,577
• Have steady, reliable, and verifiable income
• Have a reasonable credit score average
• Demonstrate the ability to repay an affordable mortgage
• Must meet the debt to income ratios and not have excessive debt